“Application Not Responding” (ANR) is an error triggered on an Android app when the UI thread is blocked for too long. ANRs are a problem for mobile teams because the app’s main thread, which is responsible for updating the UI, cannot process user input events or draw, causing massive user frustration and significant effects on your app’s revenue, retention, and engagement.
Watch this on-demand webinar to learn everything you wish you knew about ANRs!
Learn how to get a more comprehensive picture of your ANRs to better understand how your code results in frozen user experiences. After all, there’s much more to eliminating ANRs than simply preventing the main thread from being blocked for 5 seconds.
Your mobile engineers struggle to solve ANRs for several reasons:
- They have a limited understanding of ANRs. Since the Android documentation doesn’t spell out the exact conditions that trigger ANRs, mobile engineers lack visibility into all the ways their apps are causing ANRs.
- They have limited data to solve ANRs. Mobile monitoring solutions, including Firebase Crashlytics and Google Play Console, provide limited data that doesn’t point to the root cause of ANRs.
Your Google Play Store ranking depends on staying below the orange “bad behavior” line for ANRs. But how can mobile teams be expected to accomplish this if they don’t have the tools and knowledge to proactively address these costly ANRs?
This webinar will cover how ANRs are monitored, processed, and triggered at the OS level—helping you provide your mobile engineers with a better understanding of how they can protect your apps from ANRs.
Watch this on-demand webinar for a deep dive on:
- How the OS triggers ANRs in Activities, Services, BroadcastReceivers, and ContentProviders
- What data is collected by the OS for each type of ANR
- Why Firebase Crashlytics and Google Play Console display different ANR data
- What are the different approaches to detecting ANRs in production
- Embrace’s approach to solving ANRs via stack trace flame graphs
How Embrace Helps Mobile Teams
Embrace is the only mobile-centric data analytics and observability company that empowers enterprises to transform their businesses in a mobile-first world. With actionable data and insights derived from 100% of mobile user experiences, engineering and data science teams proactively uncover, prioritize, and instantly solve issues before they affect a business’ bottom line.
We’re hiring for many different roles! Check out our openings and see if you’d be a good fit for our growing team!
Want to see how Embrace can help your team grow your mobile applications with best-in-class tooling and world-class support? Request a customized demo and see how we help teams set and exceed the KPIs that matter for their business!
Need help improving the performance and stability of your Unity games? Take our SDK for a spin!
Want to learn best practices for scaling your mobile applications? Check out these helpful eBooks!
Deliver incredible mobile experiences with Embrace.
Get started today with 1 million free user sessions.Get started free